The tassel is worth the hassle!
AVAILABLE INNOVATIVE PROGRAMS TO APPROACH GRADUATION
• Edgenuity – is a web based program which provides an online instructor and a personalized education plan for each student served at each middle school and the alternative school. Students who are one or more years behind will be eligible to participate in the program during the school day.
• New Learning Resources – provides high school seniors who have not passed one or more state tests with graduation options.
• Career and Technical Education – is a program to incorporate academic and technical skills & experiences to prepare students for college and career choices.
• Dual Enrollment - allows high school students to simultaneously earn college credit toward a postsecondary diploma that will also count as credit toward a high school diploma.
• Read 180 – is a Scholastic Program provided to students who are low readers in middle school and 9th grade.
SUPPORTS FOR STUDENTS WHO ARE IN DANGER OF ACADEMIC FAILURE
• Teacher Support Team (TST) is a team of educators within the school who are responsible for developing academic interventions as a part of the RTI process.
• English Language Learner Instructors are employed to assist English Language Learners achieve academic success in English at school, through pre-evaluation, student academic performance and observation, instruction is based on the student's individual needs.
• School Level Interventionists are employed to assist in the instruction of struggling students in Tier 3 in the Three Tier Instructional Model.
• Academic coaches are employed to assist teachers in planning and implementing effective classroom strategies to assist all students.
• Homebound services are provided to students who are unable to attend school for an extended period due to a health or physical impairment.
• Homeless services work to identify students who are considered homeless. MPSD provides services to address the needs of homeless students in our district.
SUPPORT PROGRAMS FOR STUDENTS WHO ARE TWO YEARS BEHIND THEIR PEERS
• Positive Academic Center (PAC program) – is a non-traditional school setting where online courses are utilized to reach academic success. This program is designed to help students who have fallen behind their peers the ability to catch up to their cohort.
• Behavioral specialists assist schools in identifying, adapting, and sustaining effective school-wide disciplinary practices.
• Positive Behavioral Interventions and Supports (PBIS) Positive Behavioral Interventions and Supports (PBIS) is a program that supports classroom management and appropriate student behaviors to create a positive and effective learning environment.
Deidre Bland, Dropout Prevention Specialist